A grading permit is required if the project:
- Grades, fills, excavates, store or dispose of 350 cubic yards or more of soil or earthly material or
- Clear and grub 1 acre or greater of land
A grading permit is not required if the project:
- Grades, fills, excavates, store or dispose of less than 350 cubic yards of soil or earthly material or
- Clear and grub less than 1 acre of land or
- For the grading, filling, excavating, storing, disposing, or clearing and grubbing for:
- Swimming pools, basements, or footings of structures if authorized by a valid building permit;
- Underground utilities
- Mining or quarry operations, if a use permit has been granted by the County;
- Refuse disposal sites operated by a governmental agency;
- The production of planted agricultural crops.
Any building permit issued in connection with the activities described above or in connection with any building permit issued for a single family residence on an individual lot may be conditioned or compliance with the standards and requirements of Chapter 16.44
For further assistance contact us at (916) 874-6544.